Most of the objects in the handling collection are from the museum’s collections and each box comes with information about the objects. All the themes below have downloadable resources including a teachers’ booklet with background information and activities, photocards for classroom use and PowerPoints. These have been developed in partnership with schools in Slough.
Download the booking form to book a handling collection loan box.
Half‐term: £40 for one box, £75 for two loan boxes, £110 for three boxes or £150 for four boxes.
- NEW ‐ Download resource Exploring Victorian buildings: colour and pattern in brickwork KS2 Art and Design and History Teachers’ booklet
- Victorian buildings photocards
- Victorian brickwork photocards
- NEW ‐ Herschel Park role play KS2 history
- Victorian home life KS2 history
- Victorian samplers KS2 history
- Victorian doll’s clothes KS2 history
- Victorian toys KS2 history
- NEW – Download resource Made in Slough: The Trading Estate game – KS2 History and English Teacher’s booklet
- Slough Trading Estate
- Elliman’s Embrocation
- NEW – Download resource Made in Slough: Horlicks KS1/KS2 Art and Design, ICT and Science Teacher’s booklet
- The Horlicks factory and Art Deco design PowerPoint
- ICT activities
- Horlicks handling collection loan box
First World War
- NEW – Download resource A global war: hidden histories of the First World War KS3 History Teachers’ booklet
Second World War